Monday, March 10, 2014

brunchday

Green Eggs and Ham from Brooklyn Label in Greenpoint. It was delicious. Eggs scrambled with pesto and spinach, sitting on top of challah bread, topped with crispy bacon. Paired perfectly with a prickly pear champagne cocktail. 


Everyone looks forward to the weekend, I however look forward to brunchday. A magical mid-afternoon date filled with breakfast favorites, and delicious cocktails. 

For the past two months, I have revamped my Sunday's to look more like brunchdays. My mission is to brunch every Sunday either alone, or with various friends, in as many places as possible. 

Here are the brunchday rules. 

Prior to Brunch 
1. Sleep in. I work six days a week, so this is a sacred rule. 
2. Pick a place. Either that you have read/heard about, or stumbled upon. No repeats allowed, not yet at least.
3. Drink coffee 
4. Be as productive as possible whether it is a hot shower, face mask, or chores. 

At Brunch
1. Glance around the restaurant and ask menu questions. 
2. Order a cocktail (I only do ones that are champagne or wine based) 
3. Order brunch (The other week I ordered lunch and regretted it for a full seven days) 
4. Instagram brunch before digging in to enjoy. 

Post Brunch
1. Take a walk around whichever neighborhood I am in. 
2.  Find a nail salon for a  good after brunch manicure. #treatyoself
3. Describe and rate brunch experience (this is a new one, to be implemented this weekend!) 
4. Relax the rest of the day whether it be catching up on television, reading, napping, etc. 

1 comment: