Monday, March 31, 2014

labyrinth

 breakfast tacos with black beans, scrambled eggs, salsa verde, sour cream on tortillas with a mimosa! 

The Place: 
Yesterday morning I woke up to a thunderstorm, so I was thrilled about this week's brunch pick. Nitehawk Cinema conveniently located in the heart of Williamsburg is an old fashion movie theater that serves food, while you watch old movies take back the big screen. One of my best friends adores the movie Labyrinth so when it was announced that it would be playing I knew I would be along for the ride.  Especially since I recently asked her who David Bowie was! This goes to show that brunch will pretty much get me to go anywhere in life. I had never seen Labyrinth, and while I am not sure I will ever see it again, I did find it creepyily cute. 

The Food & Drinks: 
 Nitehawk's menu is pretty substantial for being a movie theater, and while I was skeptical of the food, I was pleasantly surprised. I opted for the breakfast tacos that came with the complimentary mimosa. Totaling  $14.00 which is a great deal. Of course the menu is movie themed so I ordered from "The Breakfast Club" there are tons of choices all come paired with your choice of coffee, bloody mary, or mimosa! The bloody mary's looked delicious and seemed to be the theater favorite, but I couldn't commit and went with the mimosa instead. 

Taking this picture was the true challenge since it literally was taken in a dark movie theater while Jennifer Connelly was crawling around with a giant monster who is best friends with rocks. 

Overall: 
Overall, I would give it a solid A, and recommend it to others. The theater was so cute and I would totally go back during other times for lunch or dinner. Who doesn't love being served delicious food and drinks, while watching a movie, and avoiding the pouring rain? Great job Nitehawk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment