Monday, March 24, 2014

the dutch

Two sunny side up eggs, crispy whole grain waffle, apple, maple-bourbon, pecans. 

The Place: 
This weekend I ventured back to SOHO to try The Dutch (on the corner of Prince and Sullivan). Thankfully I have gotten in the habit of making reservations, because even for a Sunday at 2:00pm it was packed. They have two main dining areas and a bar, which is pretty sneaky big for a place in SOHO.  

The Food & Drinks: 
 I usually never order waffles or pancakes, because I am such an egg lover and sweet brunches leave me feeling in a state of heavy self hatred, but this week was different. It takes true talent to master the art of a light carb loaded brunch and The Dutch was up for the challenge. This weekend I was able to experience the true brilliance of brunch. The fact that you never have to choose between sweet and savory. You can have both, however and whenever you'd like! I wouldn't allow myself to go eggless during this brunch so the side of eggs I added really complemented my waffle. The waffle was delicious, I mean the picture sort of speaks for it's self. I couldn't eat the whole thing, because it definitely is very heavy and sweet but it was delicious none the less. Our table also ordered biscuits and honey which it seemed like every table was ordering and they looked too good to pass up. After ordering them the table was in agreement that we were glad we didn't let them pass us by! 

 I guess as I am growing older the difference between cheap and expensive alcohol has officially become a concern of mine. Gone are the days of cheap wine and liquor for me. I ordered the mimosa and was much happier with this version versus last week's complimentary cocktail which tasted like college. As much as I love mimosas, I am a sangria lover at heart, so let the quest for a great brunch spot that serves sangria begin!!

Overall: 
Overall, I would give it a solid A, and recommend it to others. A little on the pricier side, but a delicious brunch nonetheless. 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment